Peace is Not the Mere Absence of War
The Shalom Center for Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation works to end the cycle of violence in the tribal lands of Eastern Africa.
- Non-violent societal transformation
- Integral human development and security
- Inter-Religious Tolerance
- Peace, Truth, Justice, and Mercy
- Environmental Integrity
- Respect for local culture and traditions
What is the Shalom Center
for Conflict Resolution
The Management team comprises of: Godfrey Okoth MA, Senior Project Officer; Francis Mwangi MA, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning, (M.E.R.L) Officer, and Kipruto Kipkoech ACCA, Finance, and Administration Officer. They proficiently design and implement conflict transformation and development (special emphasis on inter-ethnic and interreligious schools) programs, in teamwork with local and an international team of conflict resolution experts, from various religious backgrounds and disciplines who are based in Kenya and neighboring countries.
How is Shalom-SCCRR
Who are Shalom's
Shalom-SCCRR also partners with international and regional colleges and universities on peace-building courses, as well as religious association and councils in Africa.
Shalom-SCCRR makes its findings available to partners, relevant governments, ethnic representatives and United Nation and regional organizations.
Who are Shalom's
- Inter-governmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Kenyan Government Departments
- Edward Kennedy Institute for Conflict Intervention at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Queen’s University (Belfast)
- Society of Africa Missions (SMA)
- Kenya Episcopal Conference (KEC)
- Religious Superiors Conference of Kenya (RSCK)
- Tangaza University College (TUC), Kenya